This recipe makes such a moist delicious spice bread perfect with an afternoon tea or coffee. The bread forms its own little crust of sorts which adds to its wonderful flavor. This is one of those foods I tell myself is technically healthy because it contains a vegetable. Or a fruit actually? I am not really sure where zucchini falls to be honest but it my world I consider this health food lol.
An added bonus to this delicious recipe is that it makes 2 loaves. I just love when a recipe makes two loaves, it is so great to have the extra loaf without the extra work isn’t it?
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
Grate the zucchini with the skin on and set aside. I didn’t measure but you want about 2 cups. Do not drain the zucchini as the moisture is needed for the bread.
Sift together all of the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
Beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in the dry ingredients.
You will get quite the arm workout mixing these ingredients together before adding the zucchini.
Add the zucchini and mix well. Divide the mixture evenly between the two pans and bake for 40-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in the pans for 20 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the grated zucchini and mix well.
- Divide evenly between the two loaf pans and bake for 40-60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pans before transferring to a wire rack.