If you aren’t in the mood for chocolate, then give these buttery, sugary, chewy, yummy Blondie bars a try. They are not really a cookie bar, they are more of the consistency of a chewy brownie. You can absolutely make this recipe without the sprinkles, but don’t the sprinkles just make them look happier! 😅
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ x 9″ or 13″ x 9″ pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Melt the butter and let it cool slightly. Combine with the brown sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
Look at all that butter! Yum! Brown sugar and butter just go so well together.
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well until smooth.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Add to the butter mixture until well combined.
Then…..stir in the sprinkles!
Spread the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle some additional sprinkles on top. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool before cutting. The nice thing about using aluminum foil is you can just lift it out of the pan and it makes it much easier to cut.
Sprinkles Blondie Bars
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" x 13" pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to butter mixture and combine well. Stir in sprinkles.
- Spread into greased pan and top with additional sprinkles. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.