I am not a huge fan of frosting and especially not a buttercream frosting, however, I am a fan of this frosting! It’s delicious! Very easy to make and worked well to decorate cupcakes.
1 cup of butter, softened
4 cups confectioners sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. milk
In a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
Gradually add the confectioners sugar until well combined. It most likely won’t be smooth at this point.
Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
Add the milk and beat for 3-4 minutes.
If you would like to color the frosting, add the food coloring and beat until well incorporated.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 4 tbsp. milk
- Beat butter until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add confectioner's sugar until well combined.
- Beat in vanilla. Add milk and continue mixing for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add food coloring if desired and beat until well mixed.